Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pics from Mitad del Mundo and Mindo.

One more pic of the prettiest sunset ever.
















Here's a view of the Pululahua volcano crater. I'm not too sure of the story behind the crater, but I do know that there is a little agricultural community down there. I didn't get a chance to walk down--next time I'm in Quito I'd like to montar some caballos and ride through the crater to see it up close.
















Did my best here to get a panoramic-ish view of Mindo cloud forest. This place was really neat with tons of birds, insects, and fun stuff to photograph. So far no snake sightings, although I'm hoping for one soon.
















Here's the reserve where I ziplined through the cloud forest. They wouldn't let me take my camera up there so I couldn't take pics. It was the coolest experience I've ever had. I even saw a Toucan!


















Another picture of the reserve where we ziplined.










Butterfly species called 'morphos.' We saw hundreds of these guys.












All sorts of different species of butterflies hatching at the butterfly farm.












Not sure what the name of this guy is, but was he fast and difficult to photograph!













A giant centipede. Watch out, they move fast!















Me with one foot in the Northern hemisphere and one foot in the Southern hemisphere at 0 latitude.


Hope you enjoyed these pics....more to come!

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! These are gorgeous - you look like you're having the time of your life! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete